Here is my 10 minute presentation at the Future of Text symposium in December 2015:
The future of text should support individual agency. These capabilities are important:
- perceive that something has changed
- perceive what changed
- perceive who changed it
- perceive why the person wanted to make the change
- address the person who changed it: comments, concerns, questions.
- undo the changes of others
- make changes of one’s own.
Two relevant blog posts, to explore these ideas further:
- Case study from Wikipedia: wikistrategies.net/tying-it-all-together
- Learn to read Wikipedia critically: wikistrategies.net/read-between-the-lines/