The News Literacy Project, a U.S. organization devoted to middle-and high school students evaluate the various kinds of information they encounter, just released a seven minute video about Wikipedia. It features two librarians, addressing whether and how to incorporate Wikipedia into research, and — relatedly — how the site is produced. Excellent overview & introduction for all levels.
Paid Wikipedia editing & disclosure series, 2015
Recent blog posts
- Wikipedia turns 20. Let’s celebrate!
- Wikipedia’s lessons about collaboration
- Merry Christmas! Simple things anyone can do for improved digital hygiene
- WikiCite conference: Wind in the “Newspapers on Wikipedia” sails
- Katherine Maher on Wikimedia’s evolving strategic priorities: Reflections on her WikiCite 2018 talk